Offering a Wide Range of Knee Braces for Arthritis
We, at Aidfull, offer several types of knee braces for arthritis. Our knee support products for osteoarthritis are highly durable and designed after consultations with medical professionals. Also do check out our 24/7 chat service for any queries that you many have about choosing the correct braces for knee osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis refers to the wear and tear of the joints especially in the knees, ankles, wrists, shoulder, and neck. Since the problem generally affects one side of the knee more than the other side, the unequal damage can lead to misalignment of the knees. This is where knee braces come in quite handy. Specially designed knee braces for arthritis can take the pressure off the affected part and thus offer relief from pain. Some patients may feel that their knee might buckle and that they may fall. In such cases too knee braces and supports prove to be useful as they aid in standing and moving around without the fear of falling.
Choosing a Knee Brace
Considerations in choosing a knee brace for arthritis include checking out the material from which it is made. Again, braces that are comfortable to wear and breathable should be preferred. At Aidfull, we ensure that our braces are skin friendly and wick away moisture, keeping away sweat from the wearer’s skin.
When you buy from us, you can be assured of the quality of the products and the same is evident in our 60-day money back guarantee. Also, different types of braces play different roles in dealing with arthritis and osteoarthritis. While Prophylactic braces are worn as a protective gear while playing sports, functional braces support an already injured joint. Rehabilitative braces work to limit the movement of the joint which in turn results in better healing.
Types of Knee Support for Osteoarthritis
You can find a wide variety of knee braces and support that can help you deal with pain and inflammation arising due to osteoarthritis.
- Unloader braces: This category of braces is made from molded plastic and come with foam padding. The steel struts of these braces ensure that your knee does not wobble by adjusting the pressure on the knee. These knee braces for osteoarthritis are quite heavy.
- Hinged braces: These braces have a hole for the patella or the kneecap and straps above and below the knee portion for providing stability. Hinges on either side of the kneecap aid in movement and walking.
- Drop-lock hinged braces: This type is adjustable and generally used after a patient has undergone a surgery or has severe injury. The hinges lock the knee and prevent it from excessive flexing.
- Knee Sleeves: This category offers less support but is highly flexible and can even be worn under your pants. Ideal for mild pain, these sleeves provide compression which provides relief from pain.
- Knee straps for avoiding Patella injuries: Highly appropriate for knee pain arising due to jumper’s knee or Patellar tendonitis. These straps protect the patella or the kneecap and minimize knee pain by compressing the patellar tendon.
Always check with your doctor about the most suitable knee brace for your arthritis condition.